Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who Knew?

The following things have occurred in my life over the last 6 months:
  • My husband left me
  • My daughter graduated from college
  • My other daughter told me she and her husband are expecting my first grandchild
  • I hired a lawyer
  • I enrollege for more college classes
  • I quit my job
  • I took a new job

I suppose there are more things I could add if I want to, but the most important thing to note is there has been a lot of CHANGE in my life! :) Some of it extremely bad, some of it extremely good. One thing that amazes me is God's consistency through it all. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I am overwhelmed at how God has provided for me. I am so thankful for the family and friends who have helped me through this time. I get emails, phone calls, letters, and postcards from different people every week confirming that they are lifting me and my family up in their prayers. They always bring tears to my eyes because I am so grateful.

On a different note, I am thoroughly enjoying my work. I love the university atmosphere! I hated leaving CIS and everything that I was comfortable with, but the people here are just as supportive. I can't believe how much more active I am here. I work on the 3rd floor so I'm taking stairs everyday. If I need to walk to the administration building, or human resources, or the gym, I'm walking across campus. I have free access to the recreation building and it is wonderful - I haven't been swimming yet, but I have climbed the wall. They are always serving free food and there is a coffee shop on campus. Too good for words. :) I'm a little worried about the workload between taking classes and teaching classes, but surely I can make it through December...

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you recently that I love you? :)

    I'm soooo glad you are enjoying your new job! I bet you are enjoying the rec center and the coffee shop. ;) Hehe...now, if we could just get you to partake in some of that free food. ;)

    You are one amazing lady! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about being amazing - unless you are talking about the relationship I'm finding with my heavenly Savior - now that is amazing. :)

    I love you too, Kelly. I am so thankful to have you as a daughter. When do I get to see you again?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete