Monday, August 31, 2009

New Things

As most of you know by now I've taken a new job with Texas A&M University - Commerce as a full time professor. My official title is Ad Interim Assistant Professor. Just so you know, the Ad Interim part means "Step of Faith" - not technically, but practically. So here's the deal, I get a call from the social work department just over 2 weeks ago and they offered me this full time position that is guaranteed for 1 year (that is the Ad Interim part). I know it seems crazy for me to give up a very stable position with CIS to go with a job that can only promise me 1 year, but I have no misgivings or doubts. This is where I'm supposed to be. So I told the woman yes (after praying over it for about 24 hours) and here I am!

My first official day was today, but because I am teaching an off-campus course in Pittsburg on Mondays I don't go into Commerce until tomorrow. I baked blonde brownies to take to the other professors. This is a very tight, supportive group and I'm really looking forward to working with them.

One last thing, my mediation is this Wednesday morning from 9 until 1. Please pray for strength and wisdom for me and a soften heart on Todd's part. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but I can be comforted in the fact that it is all His anyway - I don't need to argue who gets what.

I am falling asleep with the laptop on my lap - I think it is time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. The new job sounds exciting! (and alot less stressful) Congrats!

    Love,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete