Monday, August 17, 2009

So Tired

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last posting. Life has such a crazy way of hurtling you forward...while at the same time moving so slowly...I'm just tired.

There have been many moments of personal triumph over the last several weeks. I have literally collapsed on the floor crying in awe and wonderment over the way God has provided for me...even now it makes my heart swell with love for my Redeemer, Protector, and Friend. I had no idea - NO IDEA - my personal relationship with my precious Jesus could be like this. I want to share this feeling with everyone!

I hope to be able to share with you in the near future why I went to my knees, but now is not the time.

So just days after feeling this sense of awe at God's provision for me, tonight I hear myself saying outloud in a petulant voice, "I just wish there was someone fighting for me!" What! Carla, seriously, did you really just say that?! When I think about the people - not only God, but the people who are praying for me, crying with me, helping me, fighting for me, I can't believe I said that.

Oh God, forgive my weakness. Drive away my fear and keep my eyes focused solely on you. Remind me of your faithfulness.

I am claiming the following passage from Isaiah 43: 1-4

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God...you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you."

I am dreading this Friday, August 21. We have another hearing for the divorce (such an ugly word). My desire is to be in God's will and seek him through this. I don't want to be greedy. Please pray for wisdom for me. Pray for Todd. Pray for my girls and Casey and Matthew.

I am so tired, but I will find peace and rest in Him.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! That is a fantastic verse! I love it! It's so comforting. :)

    I love you so much Mom...we all love you!

    This Friday will be tough, but look at what God has done to make it a bit easier. The hard day is going to be sandwiched between two good days. ;) On Thursday you will find out for sure what your first grandchild is and on Friday after the hearing, you leave to come spend the weekend with just a small portion of your family who loves you dearly! I didn't realize when I asked you guys to come visit that the hearing was this week...I'm sure God knew that we would all need each other. We will be able to find comfort in each other and we WILL have some fun! *pictures Matthew and Casey painting at U-Paint It* hehe.

    I'm so glad you are coming to see me (er...us!)! I can't wait to get a big hug! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, Marianne!

    Kelly, you're right - with two wonderful things to look forward to, Friday will be a piece of cake! :) We just told Matthew what he'll be doing on Saturday. He looked skeptical until I told him he could paint a mug with a special logo on it...you know there will be green... :)

    ReplyDelete