Sunday, June 7, 2009

Breakfast with the Bablers

I wish I had thought to take a picture of my good friends John and Marilee Babler yesterday while we brunched at Dennys. I have known Marilee since we were in the 2nd grade. We reconnected shortly after she and John married (20+ years ago) and they have been good friends of mine since then. They are a precious couple who are grounded in the Lord and have and give godly advice.

As I knew they would, they affirmed me in some of my thoughts and actions, and challenged me in other areas - exactly as they should. As a result of our visit I am praying just a bit differently. Probably the hardest thing yesterday was catching them up and giving them an accurate picture of what is going on in my life right now.

I am so thankful that God put this loving couple in my life. I'm so thankful they are strong in the Lord and confident enough to give advice and keep me accountable.

Here is one passage I left our meeting with:

"We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. We use God's mighty weapons, not worldy weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thought and teach them to obey Christ." 2 Cor 10:3-5I

I ended the day yesterday by going to my Sunday School class party. This is my first weekend by myself and although Thursday and Friday were difficult days for me, God has been very good and I have felt loved and "not alone" all weekend. Off to church and then lunch with my parents - nothing like Mom's Sunday lunch!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you got to meet with the Babler's. It has been a long time since we have seen them.

    I bet Grandma's lunch was delicious! I'm jealous! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete