Monday, June 22, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For... :)

So about 2 weeks ago I was really struggling with feeling sad - the best way to explain it is I feel like I have a dark cloud hanging over my head - anyway, I literally prayed outloud and basically said something like, "God, I'm really feeling sad right now and I need something good to happen to me today. Please." Not 2 hours later I received a phone call from my dear friends who told me they wanted to meet with me the next morning to buy me breakfast and to visit. I don't get to see this couple but about once every 2 - 3 years so it was a very special phone call and brightened the rest of my evening and the visit the next morning was priceless.

So, fast forward to today. Again, the cloud. Again, the prayer uttered outloud on the way to work. My day was pretty normal and I felt that I had successfully made it through another day. When I got home this evening Kasey and I took a walk and at the last moment decided to go farther than we usually do and so we took a different route. We were momentarily scared when the bushes next to us rustled, then out ran 4 adorable kittens. Now I realize for some of you that would be a nightmare and not a pleasant occurrence, but I have been talking about getting a couple of kittens since we moved here - the caveat - I wanted to find a calico. Would you believe there is 1 beautiful calico and 3 gorgeous black and white tuxedos?

Kasey and I scooped them up and brought them home. They are about 6 weeks old and so funny! I know it may seem silly, but isn't it just like God to have the perfect timing and the tenderest touch to provide exactly what I had been wanting? I was reminded of the prayer I verbalized that morning and realized God took the time to show me this simple kindness.

Kittens. Too cute and precious for words. I'll post pictures so you can see how adorable.

5 comments:

  1. Pictures?! Lol...I'm waitin! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Kitty Cats! I can just imagine how Kasey's Corgi's are enjoying those babies. I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we keep them...?!? Mommy please?!?!
    :) hehe we are so keeping at least 2 of them! I love you mom and I hope you start to feel better today!

    Love,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm...hello?! PICTURES PLEASE!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are these pictures we were promised a week ago!
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete