Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where Do I Begin?

So much has happened since I posted last, but honestly it is just "more of the same." :)

I'm at a training in Austin for the next couple of days. I really enjoy getting together with the other executive directors from across the state. I'm such a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to "going out" and always have been. :) I just never understood people who saw traveling as an opportunity to act different or do things you don't normally do at home. So I'm sitting in my hotel room watching the Rangers beat the Astros.

Casey Bryan, the son-in-law-extraordinnaire came out this past weekend. I don't know what it is about that young man, but he motivates Kasey and I when he comes and we get so much done! This time I took before and after pictures. They are amazing! Unfortunately they are at home on the camera so I'll have to promise to post them when I get back.

We worked so hard outside cleaning the place up (the house sat empty for 1 year before we purchased it). Someone asked if I had worked out in the yard this weekend after seeing the scratches on my arms. I'm not sure how to answer that...if by "the yard" you are referring to the 5 square acres surrounding my house then yes - I worked in "the yard" this weekend. :)

God continues to show me his faithfulness. I don't have all the answers - in fact I have very few answers, but I do have his peace and the assurance that he is in complete control of my situation. God has shown me so many places in his word that confirm his love for me. I do not understand how people who are not believers make it through painful times.

Have you read Hebrews lately!? Amazing... Here is just a small sampling of his love for us:

So then, since we have a great High Priest, who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Hebrews 4: 14-16

I love the part about "let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God." The same hand that created this universe longs to hold and comfort us when we are hurting or struggling with sin.

One last thought. The pain and betrayal I have felt in recent weeks due to my situation is the same pain I cause God when I turn from him and embrace sin - the betrayal is the same and it is humbling.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mom and I miss you! But just so you don't worry I slept fine last night by myself (not so bad as I imagined). I'll call you today! Love you BUNCHES!

    Kasey

    ReplyDelete