Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Making Progress


I love this picture of Kasey and her sweet Corgis. Zappa is in her lap and Alex is sitting beside her. These two puppies were with her while she was in Lubbock (her roommates deserve some kind of medal) and she loves them dearly. If you look closely you can see her engagement ring.
This was taken a couple of days after the graduation ceremony in Lubbock. Because of the situation at home Kasey chose not to "walk" for graduation and simply came home to be with me and to receive support from me. I made her put on her cap and gown and took a couple of shots of her at the house. I hate that she didn't walk - but we tried to celebrate her accomplishment with a party at home.
I've learned a couple more things about faith. Hebrews 11:1 says "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." NLT
This is probably a very familiar verse to most of us and through my devotional with Beth Moore, I have come to realize that as a Christian we can place our faith in one of two places: either in what God does or who God is.
If we place our faith on what we see or perceive God doing then that really isn't faith, is it? I mean if it is something we can see - action that we think God taking - then that is an observation and a human assumption. If we place our faith in what we perceive God is doing we set ourselves up for drastic emotional upheaval because we will never understand everything that happens.
But, if we place our faith in who God is then we develop genuine faith. By putting our faith in the fact that God exists and earnestly seek Him then we will be victorious. What a relief this is for me! Afterall, we are warned that "For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9 I cannot possibly understand everything that is happening in my life right now - and I don't have to. I will simply continue to seek Him.
Last verse just because I love it. "So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong." Hebrews 12:12,13

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a great picture! I want one to frame!

    I love you Mom.

    ReplyDelete