Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a Little Nervous...


...about tonight. I'm afraid I've become emotionally dependent on my sleeping pills. I have been taking them since April. In the beginning of this whole thing I wasn't sleeping. At all. Finally got a prescription and although it isn't addictive, it is habit forming. I think I've formed a habit. So, tonight I'm going to try to go without. I really, really hate admitting this because now I'm going to be held accountable. Someone will ask. I'll have to post later. And what if I fail? What if I can't sleep without them and I have to continue to take them until I...I don't know when!?

Okay, enough drama. :) I am very tired and I am drinking Sleepy Time Tea. When I finish with my post I'm going to get in bed and read some more of James. I'm going to ask God for wisdom and then I'm going to sleep.

I'll let you know how it goes...I'm sure you'll be dying to know! ;)

5 comments:

  1. You can do it Mom! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,

    I don't know if this will help. But when I can't sleep because I'm anxious or worried about something, my mom always tells me to envision a white wall. It pretty much always puts me to sleep. :)

    I'm sorry if that's completely lame. I hope you are doing well!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you sleeping?

    Love Ya,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm, not that well. I went 2 nights without the Ambien. 2nd night was the worst. :) I just don't think I'm emotionally ready to deal with everything that comes to the surface when I relax and can't push it down. Make sense?

    But I'm getting stronger EVERYDAY! :)

    Love you too Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,

    I meant to respond to you sooner. I love the idea of a imagining a blank wall. That will be an exercise in self-discipline - I have a feeling I'll keep trying to 'project' things on that wall. :)

    I hope you are doing well and keeping busy, Katie. One day at a time...

    ReplyDelete