Monday, July 13, 2009

1,320

...miles that is. Kasey and I drove to Ft. Davis to spend several days with Kelly. It was an incredible time. Kelly is starting to show (she is 18 weeks tomorrow) and she is adorable. For those who haven't heard through facebook, it appears she and Casey are having a girl! They'll have another opportunity to look in a couple weeks, but the doctor said the sonogram was notable for "no boy parts". We are thrilled! Kelly and Casey had actually been thinking 'girl' all along. Her name will be Ava Rose and I can't wait to hold her.

I've been searching God's word for his promises and of course he never fails to provide just the right thing. My new passage he provided me is 2 Corinthians 17 & 18:

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Very comforting to me and I hope you as well.

I'm ready for closure in my personal life. Ready to know what is going to happen to me and see how God is going to lead me through. There is an element of excitement, waiting to see what God has planned for me, but truthfully I struggle with not knowing on an almost daily basis. Last night I had to ask forgiveness for my doubt and worry. Will probably have to do it again tonight! :)

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time with you Mom! It was wonderful to see both of you!

    ReplyDelete