Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crying Again...

Crying again - but, oh it is so good! I just watched the movie Facing the Giants. I have been meaning to watch this movie since it came out...has it been over a year!? Thank you God for saving it until tonight. I'm overwhelmed by God's faithfulness - by his incredible tenderness for me. I needed this reminder of how he can conquer the giants in our lives.

Kasey and Matthew went to the movies tonight so Mom is on a "Staying-at-Home-Alone" test run. :) So far I'm good. It seems like just when I start feeling a little down someone calls me - my sisters, someone from my Sunday school class, one of my workers, a friend...it is amazing.

I have to admit something. I've known that Kasey was going to graduate this month and then spend a year at home waiting for her wedding and honestly I was a little concerned. Really I shouldn't have been because she and I had some wonderful times together during her last years in high school when Todd would be gone for weeks. But coming home after 3 years of freedom in college - that was a little scary. Once again, God has taken care of me. I couldn't have anticipated what was going to happen to my marriage, but God has allowed Kasey to be here and she has been such a blessing to me! I pray that I'm not sharing too much, or putting inappropriate responsibility on her. Please pray for her. She is becoming caught in between two people she loves and that is NOT where I want her. Help her be strong and make good decisions that are healthy for her (not what feels good, what God says is good) - she worries so much about hurting people. she sacrifices herself to keep everyone happy.

God has also provided for Kelly. She is going to be busy and occupied with her internship this summer at Ft. Davis. I'm so glad she isn't exposed to this pain on a daily basis. She needs to be in a good, happy environment while she is carrying my grandbaby! ;) Don't misunderstand, she is hurting too, but hopefully she is able to think on better things since she is physically removed from the situation.

1 comment:

  1. Crying can be such a good thing sometimes. It can cleanse the bad feelings and leave you feeling somewhat empty (most people think thats a bad thing) leaving space for new feelings and new thoughts. I feel that sometimes crying almost erases your emotional slate allowing you to start over new. :) You are so amazing Mom, I don't know anyone that I would rather be like than you.

    Love,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete