Friday, May 22, 2009

Wow

I am going through a devotional that my sister, Carolyn, gave me for Christmas. It is by Beth Moore and it is called Whispers of Hope. This morning after reading and discussing the particular passage (Luke 19: 28-44) she states that the Word of God describes Jesus as a refreshingly emotional man - yet uniquely perfect.

Right now I can identify with the emotional part! Then Beth does what she usually does and throws a curve ball. She asked the question, "If you only had 1 hour to live what would you leave your loved ones? Probably something very valuable to you." Well just before Jesus' crucifixion, Christ said: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Jesus offers 'his peace' to me this morning before I head to the hearing and that makes me feel so much better. I will get through this and my God will go before me while his peace dwells inside me.

One other thing I have learned from this experience. I have been going through my days like a fragile eggshell emotionally. The man or woman next to me typically doesn't know it as I try to hide how I'm feeling. That gets me thinking about the man or woman next to me. What kind of pain are they going through right now that they are hiding? How can I show them mercy and love, even if I don't know they are hurting? You may be hurting right now with your own situation. Jesus is offering you the same peace he is giving me. Please let me know if I can pray for you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you Mom! I hope everything goes well. I love you!

    ReplyDelete