Friday, May 15, 2009

My Family



So this is my family. On the left is my oldest daughter, Kelly and her husband Casey and their Corgi, Bindi. I'm in the middle with my big blind lab, Jake. Kasey and her fiance, Matthew, are on the right with their Corgis, Zappa and Alex.



Up until the weekend this picture was taken Todd would have been in this picture. Todd and I are in the process of getting a divorce after 26 years of marriage. I found out April 8, 2009 that he was involved with another woman. When I confronted him he told me he loved her (after 3 weeks!) and he was leaving me and our girls. My life, literally, has been turned upside down. I had always thought I would be like my parents - fall in love with one man, marry him, raise children, make plans and dreams, and grow old together. One of the most difficult things for me is, up until April 8 that was exactly what I was doing. I was completely clueless he was involved with someone else.



My girls are devastated, but thankfully they are coping. When Todd told me he was leaving me and the girls he wasn't exactly right. He has just left me. He fully intends on maintaining a relationship with the girls - and as much as it hurts me to say it, they need a relationship with their Dad. I pray that over time I will feel less hurt over this part of the divorce.



I don't know why my life has taken this turn, but I AM confident that my God will save me. Going back to the verse God provided - Micah 7:7-10 - I love the part that says "Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light." The person who wrote this (Micah perhaps?) had obviously been through some personal suffering. It is such a perfect description of what we go through during a particularly hard time isn't it? Don't you sometimes feel like you are sitting in darkness even when the sun is shining? I've had many, many days like that, but God has been faithful and provided me with peace. He is moving me to Him and his light.

No comments:

Post a Comment