Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lawyers

I have a planning meeting with the lawyer this morning. My Dad is going with me and I'm so relieved. I know a 44 year old woman should be able to make decisions by herself (and I can) but this is big stuff and I don't want to make them alone. I know my heavenly Father is with me all the way, but he did give me a very practical, intelligent earthly Dad so I think I'll take him with me. :)

I've gathered everything the lawyer asked me to gather and then some. I hope after today he will be able to tell me what is realistic so I can start developing my expectations. I'm only looking for fair and just, but I'm afraid my definition of those 2 things are very different from what Todd is thinking. Hopefully we can work something out without having to go to trial.

I continue to pray that Todd will reconcile with God and turn back to Him. He is so deceived by the Great Deceiver right now he is not making good or Godly decisions. I talked to our good friend, Glen, yesterday. Todd had not called him or told him what has happened. I made my conversation brief and did not say anything negative about Todd - just gave him the facts. I thanked Glen for being such a good friend to Todd over the years and encouraged him to maintain his relationship with him. Todd needs friends like Glen around him right now. It is so sad to tell someone who knows/knew Todd before this because the shock and disbelief are so intense in the reaction. No one - no one could have seen this coming. The response is always the same. Yesterday Glen said, "Carla, I thought you two had the fairybook marriage!" I told him we did.

I feel very peaceful today. I know that is God holding me. I've been waking up before the alarm and as I lay in bed awake I give my day to God before I get up. So today is God's and I want to remain in Him while He works out His perfect will in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Grandpa gets to go with you today. Is someone going with you on Friday? I love you so much Mom. You are amazing. Casey and I are still praying. We will make it through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me. I know that your heart has been crumbled into a million pieces yet you are allowing God to hold all of those pieces in his hand. I am waiting with you to see how he puts them all back together.

    ReplyDelete