Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Micah 7:7

I've enjoyed my daughters' blogs for years now but I never thought I would start one of my own. Of course, I never thought I would be in the situation I'm in right now either. I'm not quite ready to share all that yet, but I do want to share the verse that my heavenly Father has given me to make it through this painful time - Micah 7:7-10. Although it is a little long, I'm going to put the whole passage down here so you don't have to go look it up.

7. As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. 8. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. 9. I will be patient as the Lord punishes me, for I have sinned against him. But after that, he will take up my case and give me justice for all I have suffered from my enemies. The Lord will bring me into the light, and I will see his righteousness. 10. Then my enemies will see that the Lord is on my side. They will be ashamed that they taunted me, saying, "So where is the Lord - that God of yours?" With my own eyes I will see their downfall, they will be trampled like mud in the streets.

There are so many incredible things to point out in this passage but the most obvious to me right now is the section that says "I wait confidently for my God to save me." Wow. What peace that sentence describes. Can you imagine being in the middle of a very bad situation and having the peace to be able to say, "I'm going to wait on God to save me because I'm confident he will! No need to despair - He is in control!"

So here I am, waiting confidently for God to save me from my situation...I'll get to the enemy and mud in the streets a bit later...

No comments:

Post a Comment